Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: meanwhile,

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 17:51:57 -0500

Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:45:39 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Jean Armour Polly <mom () netmom com>
Subject: meanwhile,

Tonight begins the Jewish festival of Chanukah. It is also the second Sunday in the Christian Advent season. Friday is the last day of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan. The Pope has asked Roman Catholics to fast along with Moslems on that day. He has asked Christians to pray alongside Moslems.

``In the current complex international situation, humanity is being called on to mobilize its greatest energies so that love triumphs over hate, peace over war, truth over lies, forgiveness over vendettas,'' the Pope said in his regular weekly address.

Couldn't we all just take one moment to rededicate ourselves to our own personal authorities for good in the world--whether sacred or secular?

JP

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/