Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: What really distracts drivers

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:01:22 -0400

Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:50:02 +1000
From: Nathan Cochrane <ncochrane () theage fairfax com au>

Hi Dave

I've been blinded by the flash of roadside speed cameras. I hasten to
add that it was not me they were photographing, I always travel within
the posted speed limit. I was just "collateral damage" for the police
force's revenue raising methods.

Yesterday, I copped a flash full on in the face as a speeding driver
roared past me. I was doing only about 15kmh roudning a corner so was
able to pull over to the side of the road for a few minutes while the
stars abated. If I had been going any faster I am sure I would have hit
something or someone.

cheers

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/