Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: re: Important Security Update to Your Account

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 17:27:55 -0400

[ could be NSI needs a new PR group djf]

From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap () eros-os org>
To: <dave () farber net>, <farber () cis upenn edu>
Subject: Fw: Important Security Update to Your Account
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 16:58:02 -0400

Dave:

The rant about NSI that you just forwarded is more than a bit removed from
reality. Attached is the email notice that I received from NSI about my
own domains. Since the earlier note will cause a lot of people to panic
unnecessarily, I hope you will forward this to the list.

Note that the change only impacts people who have not already selected
some form of security protection. Also, note that nothing in the NSI note
says that PGP or guardian protection is going away. That is, the change
described is purely an enhancement to the existing mail-from protections.

Jonathan