Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Getting weird in my middle age

From: farber () cis upenn edu <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:18 +0000

I must be getting weird but first I said good things about Windows 2000 (and now that I am running RC3 the good things
have gotten better -- get it it works (not like 98 or 97) ).

Now I am about to say something nice about Windows CE -- well really HP Jornada 690. I have a 6 9- and also a Novaltel
Wireless card for it. I have to admit that even if it is bigger than my Pilot VII, it is a lot better. I am an old HP
LX fan and having a hand size unit with a decent 75% keyboard and room for the modem and a 64 meg flash card and a 56
kb modem is a real win.

Windows CE is fine if you look at it as a small OS not a pda OS and accept its limitations. It is great having 7 hours
battery life, pocket size machine and a real keyboard. Thed CPDP modem works fine -- it is Bell Atlantic $39 /  month
all you can drink service.

Look at it as a portable office unit with Outlook and Powerpoint and for $20 you can buy a PPT editor.

Why next I may say something nice about MS iotself (not to worry too soon :-) ).

Dave

ps written and mailed from my HP