Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Univ of Mass says professor's racy Web site was "harrassment?"

From: David Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 18:20:33 -0400

Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 17:52:24 -0400
To: politech () vorlon mit edu
From: Declan McCullagh <declan () well com>

Seems to me it only is "harassment" if you're forced to look at it,
and maybe not then. Still, there's a long history of bogus
"harassment" charges being used to censor political speech:
  http://joc.mit.edu/charges.html#7

Harvey Silverglate and Alan Kors have covered this in their
excellent book The Shadow University:
  http://www.shadowuniv.com/

-Declan

*********