Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Cute Parody

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:18:22 -0500

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:49:51 -0700
To: farber () cis upenn edu, ip-sub-1 () majordomo pobox com
From: Brett Glass <brett () lariat org>
Subject: For IP: Cute Parody

Dave:

The pages at http://www.ms-monopoly.com/ contain a satirical version of
the game of Monopoly. As the name implies, it lampoons some of Microsoft's
activities and business practices, but does so in a very tasteful way. I
think that readers of IP -- even those who work for Microsoft itself --
will find this site to be quite amusing.

Hint: Try clicking the mouse on the squares of the game board and watch
what happens. (On many browsers, the pop-up window will not come to the
front when you click on a new square unless you've closed the previous
pop-up; this is due to a longstanding bug in JavaScript.) The pages
reached by clicking on the caption "I'm so mad I could sue!" are also
quite amusing.

--Brett Glass