Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: EFF's Fillmore Benefit Concert: 3 days of "friends" tix left

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 09:52:07 -0400

\To: cypherpunks () toad com, cryptography () c2 net, gnu () toad com
From: John Gilmore <gnu () toad com>

For SF Bay Area c'punks: There are only three days left to get special
advance tickets for friends of EFF.  This year the EFF Fillmore
benefit on June 18 stars Bob Weir's band Ratdog, which John Perry
Barlow has been writing some new songs with.

After Sunday, the tickets go on open sale through Bass; given the
number of Deadheads in San Francisco, we expect them to sell out.  You
could wait and save $15 -- but you might miss out.  And that $15 will
support EFF, including the Bernstein case and our other crypto
initiatives.  See http://www.eff.org/fillmore.

See you there!!!  It won't quite be a cypherpunk meeting, but it'll
definitely be a cypherpunk party!

        John

Dear Friends of the EFF,

Here's a special, behind-the-scenes invitation to OFFLINE with the
Electronic Frontier Foundation, its Third Annual Benefit Rock Concert at
San Francisco's legendary Fillmore Auditorium.

In Internet time, we believe three years officially qualifies EFF's
Fillmore event as a Silicon Valley tradition!  Join us on Friday, June 18
for a raucous night of partying with Bobby Weir and his band, Ratdog, plus
the Flying Other Brothers Band, Woodside, and guests.  The event promises
to be great fun and all proceeds will go to support the work of EFF in
protecting free expression, privacy, and security online.

For this week only, we are making available a block of general admission
tickets for $50.  This being San Francisco and with Ratdog (not to mention,
the FOBs and Woodside) on the program, the event is expected to sell out.
Advance tickets are only available via EFF's Fillmore site at
http://www.eff.org/fillmore.

We look forward to seeing you there!

     OFFLINE with the Electronic Frontier Foundation
     Third Annual Benefit Rock Concert at the Fillmore

     Friday, June 18, 1999; 7 PM - 1 AM
     Featuring Ratdog, the Flying Other Brothers, Woodside,
     and special guests

     VIP tickets are $250 and include and an exclusive cocktail party,
     backstage passes, and 1-year individual EFF memberships

     Special advance general admission tickets are $50 thru Sunday.

     General admission tickets go on sale at BASS starting
     Sunday, May 23, 1999 for $35.

     Visit http://www.eff.org/fillmore for complete information

The Electronic Frontier Foundation (http://www.eff.org) is the leading
global organization linking technical architectures and legal frameworks to
support the rights of individuals in an open society.  Founded in 1990, EFF
actively encourages and challenges industry and government to support free
expression, privacy, and access in the information society.  The Electronic
Frontier Foundation maintains the 4th most-linked-to Web site in the world.