Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Update on Mitch Kapor (a very early IPer)

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:05:17 -0500

Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:03:22 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Mitchell Kapor <mitch () kapor com>

Update on Mitch Kapor

As of January 4, 1999, I have joined Accel Partners as a partner.  This
will be my primary porfessional role going forward.  Over the past 5 years
I have worked closely with Accel on Internet companies like UUNET and Real
Networks.  More and more, I've wanted to work in a team environment, rather
than as a solo investor.  I have enormous respect for Jim Breyer and the
other folks there.  In my view, Accel is unparalled in the vcenture capital
industry for its combination of intelligence and integrity.  I will be
dividing my time equally between the Boston and Silicon Valley, with the
intention of establishing a permanent West Coast base when family
circumstances permit.

Please note new address