Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Hijacking the World

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:04:23 -0400

At the meeting I dropped in on today, I met Roberto Di Cosmo from France. He gave me a copy of his book

HIJACKING THE WORLD THE DARK SIDE OF MICROSOFT

No matter what you believe re the trail etc, this book is thought provoking and as far as I can tell well reasoned. His
analysis of MS in Research , Buying Brain Power,reminds me of the NYTimes article on MS acquitition of key University
Scientists.

The book is in English but at a French site and this it may be getable electronically but I dont understand French
(just English, Fortran, Cobol, PL/1, COMTRAN (bet not many remember that), IPLV, C, etc etc.

If anyone can proble a bit and find out how to get copies it is well worth the cost.

It is at

http://www.00h00.com

Dave