Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: New subnotebook/pda/not sure how to classify it

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:16:03 -0400

From: "Paul Sinasohn" <psinasohn () siebel com>
To: "'David Farber'" <farber () cis upenn edu>

Hi!

I just  got back from a Siebel all-hands meeting where the demonstrated our
software running on several Win CE machines (including the Nino).

But the thunder was stolen by a new piece of hardware, which is just this
week available - the Clio, by Vadem 3.5 lbs, 9.4 inch color screen (touch
sensitive) + keyboard underneath, 2 PC slots, MS Office CE built in, etc.

http://www.vadem.com/home.html   is the URL.

Of course, there is no built-in floppy or hard drive (but I think it could
take a PC Card III hard drive), but still - I was sitting with some of our
Training staff, and all of us immediately swore we had to have one!!

The Siebel person who had the machine let me play with it a bit - it looks
and feels great - and he said it will be priced at $900, vs. the "under
1000" on the website.
RAM is not industry standard, but is upgradable, as is the ROM. Think the
Dilbert "Etch-A-Sketch" brought to life!! Really Great!!!

Well worth checking out! You can send to the list, as always.

Thank you for your time and attention.
Paul Sinasohn
Technical Writer, Siebel Systems, Emeryville Campus
(510) 594-6153  psinasohn AT siebel DOT com
There's a fine line between a groove and a rut - where are you running?