Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Re:: old IBM song book found...

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 18:41:39 -0500

Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 15:29:55 -0700
From: Barbara Simons <simons () acm org>

Actually, I recently came across my *real* songbook, not a
photocopy.  Here is one of my favorites; it's number 89 in
my 1931 edition.

            To Our I. B. M. Girls
      Tune: "They're Style All the While"

The office girls surely are always in style,
They greet you with smiles, their welcome's worthwhile.
The best in the world are our girls, rank and file,
They're style all the while - all the while.

They've made our I. B. M. complete and worthwhile,
They work and they smile - so sweetly they smile;
Tall, short, thin, and stout girls - they win by a mile -
With heavenly styles all the while.

Actually us "old boys knew about this but it is hard to find these. So