Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Mike Godwin's book, CYBER RIGHTS

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 17:32:23 -0500

Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 16:47:44 -0400
To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: Mike Godwin <mnemonic () well com>

Dave,

My book (CYBER RIGHTS: DEFENDING FREE SPEECH IN THE DIGITAL AGE) is finally
out, and will probably be of interest to many readers of your list. Its
subjects range from First Amendment jurisprudence in cyberspace to hacking
media (new and old), and, because it's told in the form of a collection of
narratives, the book also underscores the human dimension of fighting over
free-speech issues in and out of cyberspace. People may be particularly
interested in my inside account of the puncturing of Time's "Cyberporn"
cover story in 1995, and of the subsequent fight against the Communications
Decency Act.

(Several members of your list also appear in the book, of course.)

See my boring but functional Web page at http://www.panix.com/~mnemonic to
order the book quickly online.

--Mike

"I speak the password primeval .... I give the sign of democracy ...."
           --Walt Whitman
Mike Godwin can be reached by phone at 212-317-6552.
His book, CYBER RIGHTS, can be ordered at
        http://www.panix.com/~mnemonic .