Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: deep crack

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 04:31:48 -0400

Date: Wed, 19 Aug 98 11:57:32 PDT
From: Lauren Weinstein &ltlauren () vortex com&gt
Subject: &quotDeep Crack&quot John Gilmore on PRIVACY Forum Radio
I'm very pleased to announce that a recent audio interview I conducted with
John Gilmore [See RISKS-19.87. PGN] is now available via PRIVACY Forum
Radio. John is co-founder of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) and
leader of the EFF team that built the &quotDeep Crack&quot computer, that has
solved
a DES-encrypted message in less than three days. John is a widely known and
frank advocate of strong, non-escrowed encryption systems.
In this half hour interview we discuss the Deep Crack project and the
various pros and cons regarding encryption accessibility, ranging from
technical to more philosophical issues.
This is a very important topic and an interview you definitely won't want to
miss--I think you'll find it very interesting.
To hear the interview over the net via streaming audio, please visit
PRIVACY Forum Radio via:
http://www.vortex.com/pfr
Lauren Weinstein, Moderator, PRIVACY Forum, Host, PRIVACY Forum Radio
http://www.vortex.com