Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: sounds like our schools playground -- "Mom he stole my

From: Dave Farber <farber () cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 00:23:46 -0500

MCNEALY'S WAR AGAINST GATES - from Edupage

Telling Java supporters to "flood his mailbox" by sending Microsoft leader
Bill Gates messages saying "that you want 100% pure Java," Sun chief
executive Scott McNealy complained:  "Microsoft is no longer a distributor
of Java platforms.  People are puzzled, they have the impression there are
two versions of Java.  This isn't true, there is only one:  pure Java=85  If
you put three drops of poison into a 100% pure Java, you get =85 Windows. =
 If
you put a few drops of Java into Windows, you still have Windows."
Microsoft executive Tod Nielsen response to McNealy's charges:  "Sun's
board should wash his mouth out with soap.  If my five-year-old talked the
same way, she'd be blowing bubbles."  (New York Times Cybertimes 6 Nov 97)=
=20

"Photons have neither morals nor visas"  --  Dave Farber 1994