Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: net-activism is just political hicks [Sounds like some in

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 15:14:15 -0400

From: jwarren () well com (Jim Warren)

Tommorrow, Washington's politically-powerful National Journal reportedly
will publish a know-nothing piece of "journalism" saying that net-aided
politics is essentially nothing but a batch of ineffective, know-nothing
nerds and back-water political hacks.

Check it out on Friday or thereafter -- at www.politicsusa.com -- and
forward your *informed* comments to the NJ's Editor and Letters Editor.

--jim

On the other hand, maybe we ought to just continue escalating our political
effectiveness using the net, and let it come as a total shock to the
Beltway insiders who trust this piece of misinformed blather ... when we
provide more and more swing votes in contested elections -- as already
occured with DeFoley8 against ex-Speaker Tom Foley, VTW for now-Senator Ron
Wyden, me for now-available Calif legislative data, the gun BBS against
ex-Calif Senate Prez Pro Tem David Roberti, etc.  :-)