Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Ok, who the hell is "E-Mail America"

From: Dave Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 01:58:09 -0500

Posted-Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 01:56:42 -0500
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 01:22:09 -0500
From: bzs () world std com (Barry Shein)

After asking why I got some spam and to please remove me I got the
following reasonably polite but disturbing note:

Your name has been removed from our lists. Please forgive the intrusion. I
meant no disrespect or harm. You may be interested to note that your email
address is being sold as part of a list of people interested in such matters.
The company, "E-mail America" convinced us that this was a "good idea". They
wer wrong ans so was I. Please forgive the intrusion.

So who are these people and what's their Attorney-General's phone
number?

--
       -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs () world std com          | http://www.std.com