Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Times and Rimm

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 11:13:13 -0400

Mr. Rimm's weak and emotional rebuttel can be found in the
following reference. If I were CMU I would comment on his
comment

"The Carnegie Mellon study drew on the expertise of more
than two dozen researchers, many of whom hold Ph.D.s in
statistics, engineering, economics, management, fine arts,
psychology, history and public policy from universties such
as MIT, Berkeley, Stanford and Carnegie Mellon. The formal
credentials of those who assisted with, or directly
participated in, this study are
substantial and reflect expertise in a wide variety of disciplines. "

which seems to indicate that CMU backs the study

http://trfn.pgh.pa.us/guest/mrcc.html