Interesting People mailing list archives

time for some more humor -- telephone roulette

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 22:26:42 -0500

I was about to use the IBM Advantis access number in
Wilmington Delaware and wanted to know how much it costs
from my home -- many numbers in Wilmington are free for me.
So I call Bell Atlantic   operator and say how much to call
to call (it is in their area and the same as mine).

They cannot find a rate. The exhange exists but no rate is available.

I guess I call and find out whether it is a free call or a
toll call or what ever when I get  my bill. Just like Las
Vegas roll it and see!!!

Dave

ps Bell Atlantic also has NEVER been able to give me a rate
to a same area mobile telephone number. Just does not show
in their records (IT DOES SHOW in the their billing
information).

Where is Ma Bell when we need her!!!!