Interesting People mailing list archives

Congress Online - Poor record to date

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 1995 16:22:28 -0500

Date: Sat,  7 Jan 95 13:09:58 PDT
From: "Harry J. Saal" <HSaal () svi org>
To: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>

According to an article in the Jan. 6, 1995 New York Times:

"Only seven senators and 36 of the House's 434 members have
e-mail addresses."

That is 7% and 8% respectively; not an enviable record, particularly
when you realize how little effective use is being made of those
accounts that do exist.

Sigh. [ I add a double loud sigh also . Maybe we should
generate a "fload" of faxes asking our represenatives for
their email addresses!!!!!! djf]

Dr. Harry J. Saal, President & CEO, Smart Valley, Inc.
   http://www.svi.org/    gopher://gopher.svi.org
E-mail: HSaal () svi org Voice: 415-843-2102  FAX: 415-843-2222