Interesting People mailing list archives

Personal Receptionist Just a reminder - + 1 908 632-3823

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 1994 05:24:55 -0300

This is my new personal numbering service called the Personal Receptionist.
This number -- + 1 908 632-3823, can be used for both voice and fax.  This
service acts like an  electronic version of a secretary that will deliver
my calls and faxes to me  no matter where I am.  Other users have found
that incoming calls are more  than 2.5 times more likely to get connected
using the service.  The service  will find me quickly; it will only take
5-10 seconds to try me at my usual  location and another 20 seconds or so
for each subsequent location it tries.  If for some reason I am unable to
take your call, you will be able to leave  me a message and a phone number
to call.  I will get notified by both e-mail and pager so that I may  get
back to you quickly.

This service is offered by Telecommunications Premium Services --
jrk () tpsinc com (Jay R. Kingley). I have no financial interest in them --
DARN!!  TPS is an  international company with operating subsidiaries in New
Jersey and London,  England.  TPS is  developing personal communications
services  designed to meet the needs of people for whom communications is
important.   TPS is selling this service capability to communications
providers and  businesses.