Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: news: Latest Ripoff -- NON-toll-free 800 numbers!!

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 19:26:07 -0400

Brock, shall I assume that the "industry" begged to the FCC not to have
this perk and that the FCC just happened to think it up. Please!!!!

Dave

Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 16:11:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Brock N. Meeks" <brock () well sf ca us>

I'm no fan of the long distance companies, but it wasn't "the industry"
that decided to let companies shart charging for 800 numbers.  That
little perk came from the FCC.  If you hvae a gripe with 800 numbers now
being able to charge money, talk to Reed Hundt at the FCC.

Brock Meeks
Washington Bureau Chief
Interactive Week