Interesting People mailing list archives

more on IIA, this is all I will mail out, you make your own decisions on whether you would send your

From: David Farber <>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 20:37:18 -0800

Posted-Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 20:18:50 -0500
Date: Fri 7 Jan 94 17:18:22-PST
From: Ken Laws <LAWS () ai sri com>
Subject: IIA Response
To: farber () central cis upenn edu

Hi!

Someone relayed to me the warning that you published,
written by a competitor of IIA.  I don't have experience
with either company, but I know a customer who has
been using the IIA system for a month.

Here is a response to the net-happenings message that
you circulated.  It's from information supplied by
Max Robbins, who seems to be in charge of IIA's
implementation and business aspects.  (He's
max () iia org, but I don't think he'd appreciate
a lot of email right now.)  It seems quite likely
to me that his only mistake was announcing the
service before he could handle the volume of
response that Internet publicity can generate.

I have no financial interest in this, and don't
know the players.  But I suspect that the warning
circulating on the net is unfortunate.  It is
certainly not right about iia.org being unregistered,
as I have sent mail to that host.  And I have also
heard that IIA is registered to do business in DC.

                                -- Ken Laws
                                   Computists International