Interesting People mailing list archives

Cerf leaves CNRI for MCI

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 1994 18:59:40 -0800

From: "Vinton G. Cerf" <vcerf () CNRI Reston VA US>

A press release went out this morning saying that
I would be rejoining MCI as Sr. VP for Data Architecture
in the Data Services Division of MCI. I will be reporting
to Bob Harcharik with whom I worked the last time, on
MCI Mail. I expect to continue to fulfill my responsibilities
to the Internet Society despite the change of jobs.

As you may well imagine, I have mixed feelings because my
links to CNRI and its people are strong and, in some cases,
decades long. MCI's interest in and commitment to serious
data services development means that the research activities
of CNRI and the development work of the IETF are important
elements of its evolving services universe, so I look forward
to continued involvement and participation in that sphere.

I will keep you posted on ways to reach me, but at least
until Feb 1, I will be at CNRI and always reachable as
vcerf () isoc org.

Warmest regards and apologies for cluttering your email boxes.

Vint