Interesting People mailing list archives

Re: Possibly compromised account

From: wulf () obelix cs virginia edu <wulf () obelix cs virginia edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 07:44:02 EST

Dave,

I find Shapiro's comments PROFOUNDLY offensive ... and I would hope
that you would think twice about disseminating them in the future.

I happen to think Clipper is a flawed proposal.

However, I can make the arguments for that without attacking Dorthy
Denning -- who has shown remarkable restraint and class in continuing
to address the *issues* rather than the personalities of those that
disagree with her.

It's past time for the hysteria. This is a critically important
issue that is not going to be resolved by shouting louder. If small
people think they are going to resolve anything by imputing the
integrity of others, let them do so on whatever flaming BB they want,
but, Dave, don't promulgate it.

Bill