Interesting People mailing list archives

greatings pampered elite

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1993 07:39:55 -0500

Bob Metcalfe on NPR theis morning kept talking about the pamper elite who
use the internet via their Unix workstations. Funny many I know use PC and
Macs and HP 100's and even Commandores. Bob sounds like he is out of date a
bit or just making a point by the claim.

Aside from that I tend to agree with him. It is time for thinking how to
make it a self supporting operation with the Government doing stimulation
at the frontier and the commercial and public service people supplying
un-subsidized affordable network access to the public via cable, isdn and
even high speed modems (my words not his).