Interesting People mailing list archives

for fun Today's WSJ

From: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1993 19:03:08 -0500

   from a IP reader

  Today's WSJ had one of those year-end, tongue-in-cheek, faux-headline
             that we "could be seeing" in 1994.

     Among the best:

     NORTH KOREA ATTACKS SOUTH KOREA WITH CRUISE MISSILES
          - Warren Christopher Urges Caution

     COLIN POWELL ANNOUNCES GOP CANDIDACY

     GERGEN LEAVES WHITE HOUSE POST TO JOIN POWELL CAMPAIGN
          - 'I was never actually a Democrat either'  Declares White House
     Staffer

     OZONE HOLE WIDENS
          -Christopher Urges Caution

     STEPHANOPOLUS, STREISAND TO WED

     CLINTON HEALTH PLAN CLEARS SENATE
          - A.M.A. Announces Move to Mexico City

     CRAY, APPLE ANNOUNCE MERGER
          -Crapple to Make Really Smart P.C.'s

     DISGRUNTLED POSTMASTER GENERAL OPEN FIRE DURING BOARD MEETING
          -Was Apparently Upset By complaints About New 45-Digit Zip Code

     NIKKEI REBOUNDS
          - But Poll Shows That 97% of Americans Still Think It Is A
     Running Shoe

     PEROT COMPLAINS NO ONE CARES ABOUT HIS VIEWS
     - Offers $5 To Viewers Who Call In To His TV Show
          Hitch:They Must Praise Him, Urge Him To Run

     CHRISTOPHER KIDNAPPED
          -Clinton Urges Caution