Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DNS CACHE POISONING? - Our Portal is redirecting to our first competition

From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 19:00:52 +0100

On ven, 2008-01-25 at 13:31 +0100, Ronald van der Westen wrote:
I don't think ARP cache poisoning is the problem here, unless client
and server are in the same subnet.

Not necessarily.
Sitting on one of them subnet is way sufficient. More generally, you
need to be somewhere on the path between your two targets to perform a
traffic redirection. As routers and firewalls can be poisoned as any
other node and as they act as gateways, they are all the more
interesting targets.

--
http://sid.rstack.org/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE