Security Incidents mailing list archives

Source port 445,80

From: "Wong Yu Liang" <wong.yuliang () vads com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:47:42 +0800

Hi all ,

  Lately I've been getting a lot of awkward alerts with source port 445.
A few different source IP is connecting to one single IP
from the source port 445 , to random destination high ports. IPS is
detecting ANS.1 bit string overflow on all these alerts. Anyone
care to enlighten me about this ?  Also I've been getting a lot of
alerts with source port 80 that is connecting to port 1434 as well.

Thanks & Regards