Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Massive SPAM Increase

From: Tillmann Werner <tillmann.werner () gmx de>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 19:33:56 +0200

Anyone bother to think about using the wonderful rbl lists provided by
lots of fast healthy servers around the world.

IE spamcop.net,
abuseat.org,
spamhaus.org (although this one has some court orders against it, see
http://it.slashdot.org/it/06/10/10/140203.shtml)
ordb.org

plus many many more.

I personally don't like the idea of giving the control what gets blocked on an
MTA to third parties...

Once I started using these lists, my spam dropped from like 1000 a day
to 20 a day, just configuring Postfix and 5 rbl's.

Also, I don't think a decreased spam level alone is a proper criteria. You
know, using a drop-all rule reduces the amount of spam to 0%.

Tillmann