Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: A pretty neat Chase Phish

From: "Robin" <rminsley () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:11:18 -0500

Some notable distinctions are:

1.  yes, it does say it is an HTTPS address, however,
2.  there is no security certificate in the bottom right corner.
3.  there is no security certificate information in the properties tab for
this page.
4.  the URL does NOT start with www.chase.com
5.  the browser even shows the IP rather than Chase.com
6.  if you do a whois lookup on the IP at ARIN you'll see its registered in
Latin American/Caribbean registry
7.  if you use neotrace pro you'll see that the IP is in Santa Fe De Bogota
8.  the are errors on the page.....

Just my two cents..........

Robin Noyes