Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Vendor notification

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:17:46 GMT

Actually, there are already several of these types of reporting
sites available, and some of the vendors run them....

Namely:

Symantec DeepSight Analyzer
https://analyzer.symantec.com/default.asp

my NetWatchman
http://www.mynetwatchman.com/default.asp

DShield.org
http://www.dshield.org/

- ferg

-- "Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa () pacbell net> wrote:

And keep in mind I'm also talking from the standpoint of "I see a new
exploit for 05-002, do you guys?"

I'm not talking about security vulnerability, per se, I'm talking about
'here's the bad packets I'm seeing hitting my ports and maybe someone
needs to know about this".

I'm talking about informing about 'bad stuff in the wild' to help the
vendor know that we are all protected for this stuff.

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net