Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: IE Malware / Spyware Control Methods

From: sunzi <sunzi () mod-x com>
Date: 07 Jan 2005 17:07:55 -0500

I've stated doing the same thing (where I can't simply replace it with
Firefox), but in my earlier experiences, the TeaTimer componant provides
way too many questions to the end user with simple yes/no buttons, and I
found that most just hit yes ... bad.

The Immunization feature in silent mode is a must, but must also be
"reimmunized" everytime an updated signature file is retreived :(

Also, below the standard Immunization feature, there's also a Bad Page
blocker which provides a 2nd layer of protection as Immunization work
against ClassID's only.

hth,
sunzi