Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Discovering and Stopping Phishing/Scam Attacks

From: byte_jump <bytejump () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:59:42 +0000

Like I said, I've implemented something as simple as a Perl script
that is controlled by cron and had it be very, very effective at
grabbing sites while they were still in development. The greatest
difficulty is maintaining a list of known, good referrers, but as long
as you train your web development guys this isn't too bad. All the
implementations I've been involved with have had very few false
positives.

byte_jump