Security Incidents mailing list archives

New piece of spyware -- RESOLVED

From: <caldcv () students fccj org>
Date: 14 May 2004 23:40:34 -0000

Hi all,

 After the various posts, I decided to install AVG AntiVirus. Normally I used Trend Micro's House Call, but since AVG
is free, I can't go wrong. I went into a scan and after about 20 minutes, I found IRC/Backdoor.SdBot.18.AE, which
created c:\windows\system32\winumc.exe - AVG couldn't auto-clean it or "move it to virus vault", so I went to the task
manager, killed the process manually and deleted the file manually.

 Thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction, and I would like to thank Ace from addict3d.org for
e-mailing me personally.

-CC