Security Incidents mailing list archives

Port 2979 Activity

From: Wael Ghandour <dsluser () emirates net ae>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 01:29:55 +0400

Hi,

I'm seeing a surge in TCP Port 2979 activity. I don't have accurate numbers as yet, but I can safely say I'm being scanned on that port no less than 30 times a minute. It seems to be a H.263 Video Streaming service (http://www.seifried.org/security/ports/2000/2979.html). Source IPs are random and not restricted to a particular block. Thoughts anyone ?

Wael

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_incidents_040301