Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: DHCP or Probe?

From: "Clint Bodungen" <clint () secureconsulting com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:40:10 -0600

Friday, March 12, 2004 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: DHCP or Probe?
*For* 67, or *from* 67?

To 68, I'll bet.

(That it's to your IP is weird..)

Wed, 2004-03-10 14:43:33 - Device Receive UDP Packet -
Source:10.50.192.1,67,WAN - [Drop] Destination: [My IP Address]

Yes, you are right.  *From 67 but I'm not seeing a port.  It just says
"destination: [WAN]".  I'll put a sniffer on it and grab the dest. port.
However, I *think I know why it's to my IP.  I just sent a post off about
that.

Free 30-day trial: firewall with virus/spam protection, URL filtering, VPN,
wireless security

Protect your network against hackers, viruses, spam and other risks with Astaro
Security Linux, the comprehensive security solution that combines six
applications in one software solution for ease of use and lower total cost of
ownership.

Download your free trial at
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_incidents_040301