Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Incident investigation methodologies

From: FRCMSEC <FRCMSEC () terra es>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 07:01:20 +0200

1º What you suggest is a modified version of Bugtraq.
2º People dont have time or dont want to make the effort of making a
documented report every time they post a message.

I dont know what rootkit is capable of doing what things. I only want
to know if it was a rootkit, if it is in my system and what it has done
in my system.

If you want to document your activities, it will be something similar
to forensic.