Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: buddylinks worm

From: Eric Trager <Eric.Trager () dcb cit nih gov>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 11:45:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Dennis Cheung wrote:

A friend has gotten infected with this "revolutionary" product.  Has
anyone tried removing this thing manually before?  The buddylinks site
has a unsubscribe feature that claims to work, but at the moment I am
reluctant until I figure out what exactly this thing is.

Keys and file information here, along with the "Add/Remove Program"
instructions...

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101007.htm

- Eric Trager

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php