Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Massive increase in spam volume?

From: "TML" <tml-sf () digitalvoodoo org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 00:44:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Friday I recorded around 5 times the normal volume of spam but the
weekend has settled back to just slightly above 'normal' levels.  Can't
wait to see what the week brings...

--Tim

Thamer Al-Harbash said:
I work at a large ISP in Canada and just a few hours ago we've
experienced a massive increase in spam volume. The volume is so
high it's bordering on being a denial of service attack.

Does anyone know if there's a worm out in the wild currently
doing this? I've confirmed with some of my collegues that other
ISPs are also experiencing this.

I'm interested in finding specific netblocks but the spam seems
to be coming from everywhere.

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F