Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Spamming, 'hidden' mail server

From: Jérôme Tytgat <jerome.tytgat () asterion fr>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:02:11 +0200

When it comes to forensics on Wxx, I'm always using tools
from sysinternals.

- procexpl (Process Explorer) to find out what process/dll are really running and the dependencies
- TCPView to find which process is listening to which port
- TDIMon is really useful as it track down the process talking to the network and list
what they are doing.

There's some other tools that I find convenient too...

In fact I've downloaded all of them in a directory.

You don't need to install anything, they are self running tools

Jerome.

--
> Jérôme Tytgat
Administrateur Réseau et Sécurité