Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: New Trojan

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 19:30:42 -0400

The entry "rundll32 rundll32 C:\WINNT\system32:acbdhpd.dll,Init 1" is
pulling that DLL as an alternate stream.  You won't find the file in
system32; the file itself is stored in a second stream attached to the
object for the system32 folder itself.

For a good overview of alternate data streams (or ADS as they are also
called), check out http://patriot.net/~carvdawg/docs/dark_side.html.