Security Incidents mailing list archives

Are they back? (was Re: Scans from proxyprotector.com)

From: "Erik V. Olson" <eriko () mvp net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 22:45:49 -0500

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 12:58 pm, Compton, Rich wrote:

Just sent a complaint and here's what I got:

Your email for Abuse () race com has been received.  Please allow us 72
hours for an emailed response.

** PLEASE NOTE

If you are emailing about 64.201.104.2 this customer has been
terminated.

And now, I'm seeing this in the snort summaries....

1       65.106.233.2     SCAN Proxy (8080) attempt
1       65.106.233.2     SCAN SOCKS Proxy attempt
1       65.106.233.2     SCAN Squid Proxy attempt

Two days in a row -- same pattern, same scans, from the same IP. Resolves
to 65.106.233.2.ptr.us.xo.net, so they're keeping quiet (or running the
scans from the home dsl line....)

Mail to abuse () xo net on the way.

--
Erik V. Olson : eriko () mvp net : http://walden.mvp.net/~eriko