Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Backdoor ?? "Girlnextdoor_" TCP Ports 1025/1028

From: H C <keydet89 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:59:22 -0800 (PST)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "foreign
address listening to ports..."...netstat shows you
what the local machine is listening on, and which
endpoints the foreign addresses are connected to.

Have you tried running Foundstone's fport yet?

Running netstat -a , I found a foreign address
"GirlNextDoor_" listening to ports TCP 1025/1028.

Can someone explain me what is going on this
desktop ?

It's a Win2k/SP2 workstation with Mcafee antivirus
and
ZoneAlarm.

Also, can you explain me the second set of
connections, foreign address "*:*" ?

Thanks for your help,
Sal.

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>netstat -a

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address

State
  TCP    p4win2k:epmap          Girlnextdoor_:0

LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:microsoft-ds   Girlnextdoor_:0

LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:1025           Girlnextdoor_:0

LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:1028           Girlnextdoor_:0

LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:netbios-ssn    Girlnextdoor_:0

LISTENING
  UDP    p4win2k:epmap          *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:microsoft-ds   *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:1027           *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:1030           *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:netbios-ns     *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:netbios-dgm    *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:isakmp         *:*

C:\>

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

<Pre>Lose another weekend managing your IDS?
Take back your personal time.
15-day free trial of StillSecure Border
Guard.</Pre>
<A
href="http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure";>
http://www.securityfocus.com/stillsecure </A>

--
The Virgin BOFH...
Linux Registered User #288905

ATTACHMENT part 2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc