Security Incidents mailing list archives

Backdoor ?? "Girlnextdoor_" TCP Ports 1025/1028

From: Salomao Barguil <barguil () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:40:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Running netstat -a , I found a foreign address
"GirlNextDoor_" listening to ports TCP 1025/1028.

Can someone explain me what is going on this desktop ?

It's a Win2k/SP2 workstation with Mcafee antivirus and
ZoneAlarm.

Also, can you explain me the second set of
connections, foreign address "*:*" ?

Thanks for your help,
Sal.

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>netstat -a

Active Connections

  Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address
State
  TCP    p4win2k:epmap          Girlnextdoor_:0
LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:microsoft-ds   Girlnextdoor_:0
LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:1025           Girlnextdoor_:0
LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:1028           Girlnextdoor_:0
LISTENING
  TCP    p4win2k:netbios-ssn    Girlnextdoor_:0
LISTENING
  UDP    p4win2k:epmap          *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:microsoft-ds   *:*
  UDP    p4win2k:1027           *:*