Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Trojan found...

From: Les Ault <aultl () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:47:49 -0500

  This is the file list contained in the archive. I checked Add/Remove programs and found MIRC installed so appearently
part of the file was executed. However, the 406.reg file adds the trojan to the run key and the folder that this key
points to
does not exist which is why I was under the impression that it had not executed.  Thanks to everyone that responded.

Les Ault

Hi,

It just one of the many "IRC/Flood" bot variants ...

I have - maybe - the same sample (MD5 of SYSNET32.EXE:
e9965ab04702d270ba59056d012ffb0f) here. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
(www.kaspersky.com) identifies the files in the SYSNET32 archive as
follows:

SYSNET32.EXE   packed: UPX
SYSNET32.EXE   archive: RAR
SYSNET32.EXE/archive comment   ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/21.txt    ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/21ftp.txt ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/80.txt    ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/80c.txt   ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/scripts.txt       ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/unicodbag.txt     infected: Exploit.IIS.WebDir
SYSNET32.EXE/users2.txt        ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/cisco.ini infected: Backdoor.IRC.Microb
SYSNET32.EXE/drx2.inf  ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/NetworkChecker.exe        packed: UPX
SYSNET32.EXE/NetworkChecker.exe        infected: not-a-virus:Tool.HideWindows
SYSNET32.EXE/sysnet32.exe      packed: ASPack
SYSNET32.EXE/sysnet32.exe      infected: not-a-virus:mIRC.5.82
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/aftp.dll      infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/bnc.dll       infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/clone.dll     infected: Backdoor.IRC.Mox
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/main.dll      infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/master.dll    infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.g
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/run.dll       infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/scan.dll      infected: Backdoor.IRC.Microb
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/scripts.dll   infected: Backdoor.IRC.Mox
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/servscan.dll  infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/Sysinfo.dll       infected: not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Moo
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/update.dll    infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/user.dll      infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.l
SYSNET32.EXE/dll/vars.dll      infected: Backdoor.IRC.Bnc.g
SYSNET32.EXE/ACSFX.DRV infected: Backdoor.IRC.Flood.ap
SYSNET32.EXE/406.reg   ok.
SYSNET32.EXE/Answer.txt        ok.

McAfee detects the most of the files as "IRC/Flood.y":
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99923.htm

Regards,
Axel Pettinger