Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: What's on udp/2002 ?

From: <rewt () eghetto ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:49:07 -0300 (ADT)

I was looking through the source of one of those apache-ssl worms that
have been kicking around recently. I'm not sure of the name of this one,
I got it through a friend. He had found it on a compromised machine.

Anyway, this part of the source might give you a clue...

--CUT--
#define PORT            2002
--CUT--

It looks like this thing uses port 2002 to communicate in it's
peer-to-peer way. You might want to check your machines for that worm. If
recent posts are correct, than you should find a 'bugtraq' process running
on the infected machine. If you want to look at the source, contact me and
I can forward it to you. Otherwise a quick google search should help out.

Cheers.

Jonathan Freedman
Packet Mountain, Ltd