Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Port 5552?

From: David Lawson <dlawson () gofilnet com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 17:41:10 -0500

ChiliSoft runs its ASP engine starting at port 3000 (and usually has a few listeners about that, on my machine it's listening on 3000, 3001, and 3002) and its web based administration interface on 5000 by default. As far as I know, there'd be no reason for ChiliSoft to be listening on a port that high, certainly not by default. I just nmap'd my ChiliSoft box and it doesn't show anything listening on that particular port, so I think you'll have to look elsewhere for the culprit. :)

--David Lawson

Tijl Schoonenberg wrote:
Hmm, ok.
But this database seems to try telling me that all ports in the range from
3001 upto 6000 are used for ChilliASP. Of course this is a possibility, but
it doesn't seem very plausible to me.

Tijl Schoonenberg