Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Ip spoof from 0.0.0.0

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: 08 Nov 2002 09:44:17 +1300

On Thu, 2002-11-07 at 13:29, Omar Herrera wrote:

It seems that something similar has been discussed before:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/iss/2000-q1/0461.html

but this is not a SYN flood, or even a SYN trickle.  It is one or two
packets per hour targeted at individual addresses in the low half of a
/24.

Yes, I saw one of these yesterday in a /24 that I monitor.  Have not
seen anything in our main address block yet.

--

"It aint necessarily so"  - Gershwin