Security Incidents mailing list archives

RE: Decrease in 1433 Scans?

From: "John Campbell" <jcampbell () wsipc org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 10:30:38 -0700

Yesterday was actually our busiest day so far for 1433 scans.  We saw
our first presumably automated scan (111 connection attempts, within a
few seconds) on 5/19.  Yesterday (5/22) we got three of them, for a
total of 300 or so connection attempts.  This in comparison to the 80K -
120K TCP 80 scans we get per day, depending on what day of the month it
is.

John Campbell, CISSP, GCWN
Information Security Engineer
Washington School Information Processing Cooperative
(WSIPC)