Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Decrease in 1433 Scans?

From: MIS Department <mis () newnanutilities org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 13:22:24 -0400

Access attempts to port 1433 have been steady all this week, with tons of
attempts every hour showing up in our firewall log; however, I have not
had a single attempt since 5:43 AM EST (no EDT here in Indiana).

The firewall is still logging and the integrity of my access-list appears
to be fine.  I doubt our uplink provider is doing this, as I can reach the
firewall if I attempt to connect to port 1433 with nmap from a remote
system.

Anyone else seeing this?

It's still pretty steady here, right this moment especially from 216.62.5.226 & 216.195.183.6.

Brian Collins
Systems Administrator
Newnan Utilities

For more information on this free incident handling, management and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com